Year in Rock 2011

For those of you who are eagerly anticipating this year's festivities, the wait is almost over.  This year's Year in Rock blowout will begin on November 1.

Like last year's facebook run, there will be a top 50.  Unlike last year's facebook run, the songs won't be counted down 50 to 1.  Instead, every day (or reasonably close to every day) between November 1 and December 20, I'll post up one of this year's nominees.  Then, on Christmas Eve (or reasonably close to Christmas Eve), the countdown will go up in order and you can find out what takes Song of the Year honors for 2011.

You can also expect my top 20 albums list to go up sometime during Boxing Week, as well as some honorable mentions and things I may miss along the way.

If you're looking for a CD to commemorate Year in Rock 2011, there won't be one.  We're living in the digital age now, and even though I still love those shiny plastic discs, I realize I'm the minority.  Once the list goes up, feel free to seek out and download what you like, and definitely spread the word.  This undertaking has always been about bringing my friends new music experiences, and that's a tradition I hope never goes out of style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions