Fang Island Have The Happiest Guitars Ever

Stream Fang Island's sophomore gem Major in its entirety here courtesy of NPR.

When I have a day off from my retail job, sometimes I like to plug away at my other job writing content for websites (not this one; this is the hobby aside from my job and my side job, or my side job hobby). Naturally, I need background music to keep the creative juices flowing, and every once in a while I'll throw caution to the wind and give something I've never heard of a spin.

Because of this haphazard, careless approach to streaming music, I give you Fang Island, whose second album Major is out in just over a week.

There's something distinctly different about Fang Island's wall of noise; it's a truly joyous noise, celebratory without being pompous.  It's like Andrew W.K. with more interesting subject matter and an unhealthy obsession with Slade and Supertramp.

I'm going to stop trying to explain this and just say that it's extremely rare to come across music that gives you the freedom to bang your head to, groove the night away to or party your ass off to.  Major does all of that with a smile.

If you don't feel like taking in the whole album, your loss.  But here's a couple of tracks anyway:





Major is out July 24 via Sargent House.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions