Gallantly Streaming: So Many Ways To Get Your Heavy On, Part 3

Yesterday, I made mention of the fact that next week's releases mark one hell of a smorgasbord for folks who like their music on the heavy side. Well, the Trail of Dead and Stone Sour albums both mark probably the respective bands' fiercest efforts, but they're Ace of Base compared to today's offering.
When you think of "extreme" music, if you don't think of Pig Destroyer before anyone else you're probably missing out.

Admittedly, this can be a hard band to warm up to; their merciless assault on the ears is often confused by some listeners as aimless, tuneless slop. Book Burner continues the tradition; it's a brutal and unflinching piece of work that, if I was forced to describe, I would call the audio equivalent of being attacked by a pack of hungry wolves on bath salts.

Needless to say, it's a masterpiece.

Stream Book Burner here, thanks to Exclaim!

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention three other albums that also see release next week. Titus Andronicus' latest, Local Business, was posted in the Facebook feed earlier this week, and it's definitely worth your time.

Also, Bison B.C. and The Sword, two bands whose albums I really wanted to give some due to, haven't given streams of their new albums. Not that I'm bitter; and, to be fair, they have made songs available. I guess I'll approach their albums like the "old days", by actually listening to them once I buy them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions