The Playlist: 10 Amazing Canadian Alternative Songs Time Forgot

Apologies to any international viewers but, as a Canadian and seeing as how we're approaching our national holiday, I can't help but get just a bit patriotic. However, unlike last year when I posted a massive playlist that no one could have been sussed to watch, this year I've decided to boil it down to a concise ten-deep playlist that only takes 39 minutes to enjoy.

Rather than showcase all the bands we already knew, however, this year's playlist as squarely focused on some of our nation's lesser known rock history contributors. Most of these songs at least made a dent here during their original releases but have by and large been lost among a sea of sexier, easier to recall nostalgias, forgotten by time and resigned to a fate of retrofitted obscurity.

But not for this guy; I still remember these songs as fondly as I did back then (and, if I can toot my own horn a little, I still own all but three of the albums this playlist is plucked from). No doubt there will be lots of better known Canuck artists blasting from stereos around bonfires this Canada Day; but, if you really want to throw 'em for a loop and give 'em one of those "oh shit, I forgot this" moments, sneak some of these gems in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions