Year in Rock 2013 Nominee: Arcade Fire

ARCADE FIRE
Reflektor
From: Reflektor
Released: October 29

I was all set to include Normal Person as the song nominee from Arcade Fire's fourth album, but then two things happened:

1. I kind of soured on the song's sense of piss-taking on rock ("Do you like rock and roll music? / 'Cause I'm not sure that I do" is said before the album's most glorious rock song unfolds).

2. The title track, which I was lukewarm on upon its release, grew on me. A lot. Does it overstay its welcome? Absolutely, but that's indicative of the album as a whole; here's hoping the rest of Reflektor grows on me too (although that second disc will be hard to go back to on a regular basis).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions