Year in Rock 2012 Nominee: Ceremony

CEREMONY
Adult
From: Zoo
Released: March 6

My motto may as well be, “bring me your discarded punk bands, and I shall give them a home”. It seems every year there's at least one band that releases a record i completely dig, only to find out that all of their fans hate them because they're not hardcore enough anymore. Ceremony released a hell of a record this year in Zoo, and it got pissed on by their “true” fans on account of it having actual songs on it rather than minute-long bursts of blistering punk with no sense of songwriting or execution. Don't get me wrong, I liked unhinged and loud as much as the next fellow; but if a band writes a primal howler as satisfying as Adult, why dismiss it for being a little slower and more organized?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions