A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To 5500 Views

I've got to be honest, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed here.

Earlier today, some three days after my previous blog post, I decided to do a few renovations to the blog. Spruce it up a bit, throw in a little new content, what have you. I was approaching 5500 total pageviews; I thought, "oh cool". I could never have been prepared for what came next.

This evening, my I get an email notification that someone new had liked the blog's Facebook page. I thought nothing of it; after all, when posting about the new look, I asked for likes. Then, another like. And another. Then, a comment on my Headstones story from Monday. Now, I was a little baffled.

As it turns out, Headstones bassist Tim White had tweeted a link to the blog post. I did a double take, and decided to investigate further. The tweet was embedded as part of an update box located on the official Headstones website. Score!

But wait; there was more. I found another link to the post, this one from lead singer Hugh Dillon (also an accomplished actor of Flashpoint fame), directly from his Facebook page along with the caption "all album questions answered". Well, holy shit.

My first thought after all of this was, "I wish I'd done a better job on that post". I'm by no means a professional, and do this blog purely as a spare time hobby. My next thought was, "Wait, does this make me look like some kind of insider?" Really, I wish I was; but, like I said, this guy's no professional, just a longtime music lover who writes about bands he likes in his spare time. Headstones are one of those bands, so there you go.

Long story short, my quaint little blog (usually frequented by friends and family members) got a huge dose of unsolicited promotion today. The 5500 pageviews I was eyeing up this afternoon just ticked over to 6100, and it's not showing signs of slowing. It's a massive injection of traffic, and I only have Hugh, Tim and fellow Headstones fans the world over to thank for that.

I'm glad people seem to like what I had to say about Love & Fury, and I hope by guessing (correctly?) the album's official release date I didn't overstep any boundaries. I'm not affiliated with band or label, and I'd hate to think I played spoiler in any way (again, I didn't expect more than a handful of friends to actually read the thing).

Again, thanks for stopping by, if even for that one article (and if you're reading this, I guess this one too). Like any other band I post about, I'm just helping to spread the word. The Headstones are back, and if the numbers on my blog are anything to go by, there are plenty of eager fans like me who are happy to have them back.

Comments

  1. It's my pleasure to stop by any where they are smart enough to have Hugh Dillon and or The Headstones. I'll be back

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions