Extreme Makeover: This Blog Edition

If you're reading this, you've likely noticed that things have changed. How very perceptive of you. I figure by now that just about everyone who frequents this place has a widescreen monitor, so I've widened the layout so there isn't so much dead space on your screen. If you're still rocking that old CRT, apologies. Stretching it out also allows for a bigger sidebar, which you'll see is now big and beautiful (as opposed to the former incarnation, which was cramped and attention starved). And, with the bigger and awesomer sidebar comes Sound Bites' newest time waster. Rapid Fire Reviews is where I'll neatly sum up most albums I'm listening to with a quick paragraph and a (dreaded) rating out of 10; like Pitchfork, except I'm not a pretentious elitist snob and/or getting paid for favorable reviews. As I hear more, I'll add to the list up until the point that I feel it's taking up enough space, at which point I'll start deleting from the bottom as I post new ones. With the new that's come in, a few old things are gone. The first to go was ads; I only ever did it just to see if it were possible to actually make any money doing this. In nearly a year and a half, I'd amassed a grand total of two cents. TWO. Our government would round that down to NO cents, so I said to hell with the ads. Cool? Cool. Also gone are links to other websites, and the "greatest hits" list. Those were alright, but for the purposes of tidiness they were deemed unnecessary. I think that about covers it. Enjoy the new look and feel of Sound Bites. Come back often, and don't forget to "like" the Facebook page and find out about shit like this the moment it happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions