Year in Rock 2016: Album of the Year Shortlist


Having filled my old CD Plus messenger bag with the 20 CDs that made this year's longlist and pored over them bit by bit, I feel I'm comfortable enough to slice that list in half and finalize this year's shortlist. Now, the real work starts; over the next week, I have to figure out which of the ten deserves my greatest honour. This is going to be an incredibly tough decision: I get to choose between three previous AOTY winners, two runners-up, four first time nominees and one deceased legend. Wish me luck.

Your Year in Rock 2016 nominees for Album of the Year are:




AGAINST ME!
Shape Shift With Me


DAVID BOWIE
Blackstar


CAR SEAT HEADREST
Teens of Denial


NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS
Skeleton Tree


DEFTONES
Gore


THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN
Dissociation


ANGEL OLSEN
My Woman


PUP
The Dream is Over


RADIOHEAD
A Moon Shaped Pool


WINTERSLEEP
The Great Detachment

Who will take home the crown? Find out December 19th! Oh, and while we're at it, here's how I ranked Albums #11-20:

11. JULY TALK: Touch
12. THE TRAGICALLY HIP: Man Machine Poem
13. JOYCE MANOR: Cody
14. DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS: American Band
15. NOTHING: Tired of Tomorrow
16. CRX: New Skin
17. EVERY TIME I DIE: Low Teens
18. ANTHRAX: For All Kings
19. BILLY TALENT: Afraid of Heights
20. KYNG: Breathe in the Water

Until next week!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions