Year in Rock 2016: Heavy Artist Nominees


Though I don't pay as close attention to it as I once did, I still get my horns up for a heavy riff, a monstrous groove and a fleet tempo. The best heavy music gets the adrenaline flowing, the fists pumping and my problems taking a back seat for a while; we've badly needed to forget a lot this year and, as this year's nominees prove, there's still a place for brutal escapism.

Your Year in Rock 2016 nominees for Heavy Artist Recording of the Year are:

ANTHRAX: Monster At the End


CHEVELLE: Door to Door Cannibals


DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN: Limerent Death


GONE IS GONE: Violescent


METALLICA: Atlas, Rise!


The winner will be announced December 19th!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions