Year in Rock 2016: Legacy Artist Nominees


Why I haven't instituted a category like this before now is beyond me; it only makes sense to give the old guard its own props given I've been championing new talent all this time while holding a special place in my heart for the artists I grew up with. So, I feel it's only right (especially considering the rate by which we're losing legends) that I tip my hat to artists who laid the groundwork for future generations of rock. To be nominated in this category, the criteria is simple: your first recorded output must have been released more than 25 years ago.

Your Year in Rock 2016 nominees for Legacy Artist Recording of the Year are:

DAVID BOWIE: Lazarus



NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS: Jesus Alone



THE CULT: Hinterland



METALLICA: Atlas, Rise!



THE TRAGICALLY HIP: In a World Possessed By the Human Mind



The winner will be announced on December 19!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IN REVIEW: Surf Curse - "Magic Hour"

Gallantly Streaming: Avenged Sevenfold Go Full On 90's With Familiar, Stunning Results

Year in Rock 2023: Honorable Mentions